A successful New Year's Eve party needs delicious snacks for the guests to enjoy whilst they are counting down the hours to welcome in the new year. If you are planning a finger food buffet for your big New Year's Eve party, you will find various ideas in this article that are quick and easy to make. From mini burgers and classic canapés to mini chocolate cupcakes for dessert – get inspired by our New Year's Eve buffet ideas and prepare delicious finger food and appetisers for your New Year's Eve party.
Not only do they look great, but they are also very easy to eat and super tasty: mini burgers will be the highlight of your New Year's Eve buffet. You can either prepare this delicious New Year's Eve finger food beforehand or let your guests createtheir own mini burger as a New Year's Eve snack. The mini burgers are also a great idea if you are celebrating New Year's Eve with children.
1 kg minced beef or vegetarian mince
Cheese (e.g. cheddar or other sliced cheeses )
3 red onions
A jar of pickled gherkins or 2 cucumbers
4 x ready to bake bread buns or ready-made mini burger buns
Salt & pepper
Ketchup/mayo/burger sauce etc.
1. For the mini burger buns, you can either use ready-made mini burger buns or ready to bake bread buns. If you would like to use ready to bake bread buns you will need to cut the dough into quarters and roll into small balls. Place the dough balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle with some sesame seeds. Then follow the baking instructions on the packaging. However, remember that the baking time may be slightly shorter due to the smaller size.
2. For the mini patties, knead the minced meat thoroughly in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Then form about 30 small balls and carefully flatten them. Then fry the mini patties one by one in a frying pan with a little oil for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Now prepare the other ingredients for the mini burgers. Slice the tomatoes, chop the lettuce, cut the pickled gherkins into smaller pieces and then cut the cheese. You can cut the red onions into rings and you can either fry them first or use them raw as a topping.
4. Now you can assemble your mini burgers with a sauce of your choice or divide all the ingredients into individual small bowls to create a New Year's Eve finger food buffet. Use the little wooden skewers to keep the burgers in shape so that nothing falls out.
Bear in mind that...
If you have plenty of prep time, you can easily make the mini burger buns yourself. You can find recipes for simple burger buns made from yeast dough on the Internet.
Barbecue skewers are not only perfect for a summer party, but they are also a perfect snack for New Year's Eve. The best thing about them is that you can prepare different types of skewers and then just fry them in the pan. This idea can also be done in a do-it-yourself style as a cooking event, where everyone assembles their own skewers and you fry them together. You can also offer two different dips to finish off this New Year's Eve snack.
Ingredients for approx. 30 barbecue skewers:
300 g cherry tomatoes
1 pack of mushrooms
1 kg chicken breast fillet (or vegetarian alternative e.g. halloumi)
Salt & pepper
Oregano & thyme
Long wooden skewers
Ingredients for the aioli dip
5 cloves of garlic
500 g crème fraîche
350 g natural yoghurt
50 g mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
Ingredients for a spicy tomato dip
500 g mayonnaise
5 tbsp tomato puree
5 tbsp BBQ sauce
5 tsp chilli powder
Prepare the barbecue skewers:
1. Wash and cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Then dice the chicken breast fillet.
2. Now put the ingredients on your wooden skewers and season with some salt and pepper as well as oregano and thyme.
3. Fry your skewers on all sides in a pan with some oil.
Prepare the aioli dip:
1. Mix the crème fraîche with yoghurt and mayonnaise in a bowl. Now add the garlic cloves to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
2. Chop the parsley and add it to your dip with the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preparing the spicy tomato dip:
The spicy tomato dip is very easy to prepare and is therefore also suitable as a last-minute dip. Mix the mayonnaise with the tomato puree, BBQ sauce and chilli powder and leave the dip in the fridge until ready to use.
You can prepare this New Year's Eve snack in advance of your big party as these savoury pancakes taste delicious even cold. They are fantastic, as this New Year's Eve snack is very easy to prepare, which leaves you more time to take care of the decoration or last minute entertainment.
750 g flour
950 ml milk
600 g cream cheese
200 g sour cream
150 g dill
750 g smoked salmon
Salt & pepper
1. Mix the eggs with the flour, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl to make a smooth batter. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
2. Then take a small frying pan (approx. 20 cm in diameter) and fry the pancakes with a little butter.
3. Now mix the cream cheese with the sour cream and add the pieces of dill to the spread. Season the mixture with some salt and pepper.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pancakes once they have cooled down. However, do not spread it all the way to the edges make sure to leave about 1 cm around the edges.
5. Top the pancake with salmon and then roll it up tightly. Wrap the roll in cling film or beeswax wraps and put them into the fridge until they are ready to serve.
6. Just before the party starts, cut your savoury pancakes into small roles, which will make them the ideal finger food for your New Year’s Eve buffet.
Bear in mind that...
In addition to the delicious salmon filling, you can also top your savoury pancakes with spinach and feta or ham and cheese. Get creative and try out different fillings.
A delicious, topped roll is a perennial favourite when it comes to finger food. Canapés are easy to prepare as New Year's Eve snacks and they will whet your guest’s appetite. Below we have put some ideas together on how you can prepare your New Year's Eve canapés.
300 g Serrano ham
1 pack of Roma tomatoes
1 bunch of radishes
2 red onions
1 pack of smoked salmon
1 pack of pickled herring
1 pack of mushrooms
2 packs of cream cheese
Chives & watercress
Cut your baguettes into thin slices and then put different toppings on them. Below we have put a couple of examples together on what you could put on your canapés:
Cream cheese and salmon with a sprinkle of chives on top
Butter with lettuce, herring, a little red onion and finish off with some watercress
Butter with Serrano ham, some black pepper and finish off with some chopped olives
Vegetarian canapés can also be delicious and will delight your party guests. Have a go at some of these easy ideas below:
Cream cheese with sliced tomatoes, some rocket, salt and pepper and finish off with some watercress
Cream cheese topped with sliced radishes, some black pepper and watercress
Cream cheese, sliced and fried mushrooms on top with some salt and pepper
Cream cheese, cucumber cut into long strips, some salt and pepper and finish off with some watercress
Nothing finishes off your New Year’s Eve party buffet more perfectly than an irresistibly chocolatey dessert. You can bake these mini cupcakes the day before in no time at all and offer them to your guests on the evening of your party.
150 g butter
170 g sugar
180 g flour
1 packet vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 teaspoons cocoa (heaped)
Baking tray for mini muffins
Mini muffin paper cases
For the icing:
30 g butter
120 g cream cheese
120 g dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan oven).
2. Beat the softened butter with a hand mixer until it becomes creamy. Then add the eggs. When the butter and eggs have been thoroughly l mixed, add the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder and cocoa and mix until smooth.
3. Place your paper cups in the mini muffin tray and fill with the cake mixture. Bake the mini cupcakes for about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate for the icing and leave until it has slightly cooled. Now beat the softened butter a little and then add the cream cheese and finally add the melted chocolate and leave the icing in the fridge to keep cool.
5. After baking, leave the cupcakes to cool and then once they have cooled add the icing by piping it onto the cupcakes.
Did you know that...
Using some chocolate chips or colourful sprinkles as cake decorations on your mini cupcakes will make them really stand out.
No one will be feeling hungry at your New Year’s Eve party as there will be a delicious buffet full of great looking cold snacks, DIY snacks and not forgetting a deliciously chocolatey dessert. Get inspired by our New Year's Eve buffet ideas and put together your very own mix of finger food to completely wow your party guests on New Year's Eve.