Our work culture
A large patchwork family
Our daily office life is characterised by an open work culture. We engage in dialogue with one another to discuss ideas, drafts, projects and goals. Whether you’re a manager or just beginning your career, every opinion is valuable to us. This is precisely what defines our international patchwork family.
Those who like to think one step ahead are in the right place at C&A. We want to create a more sustainable fashion industry step-by-step together with our partners such as the Laudes Foundation, Fashion for Good and our employees. At C&A, we always apply an integral approach to projects.
At home all over the world
C&A produces fashion for everyone: not just in Germany and Europe, but for people all over the world. This interculturalism is not only visible in our designs: our employees represent different cultures and regions worldwide. It’s no wonder therefore that English is our main working language. However, we also understand each other on a quite different level since we all possess the pioneering spirit that the C&A founders had.
Our C&A management team heads our retail stores in 18 European countries. They are also responsible for ensuring sustainable business development.
From young professional to department manager
We believe that everyone has the potential to become a manager. We therefore encourage the professional development of each of our employees. It’s not without good reason that our management team consists largely of employees who have grown at C&A. This is something we are very proud of.
Management for performance
This is the guiding principle for our company management:
- We like to get to the bottom of things
- We stay focussed
- We set clear directions and expectations
- We give our employees enough space to act freely
- We earn trust, we trust others
- We work together as a team with our employees
- We make decisions and act in the interests of our customers
Our employees are C&A’s asset, its eyes and ears and heart. That’s why we offer more than a fair wage.
- Attractive remuneration
- Home office and flexible working hours
- Attractive employee discounts in our branches and partner firms
- Varied, individual further training opportunities through our own Learning & Development Programme
- A respectful, international working environment
- A modern workplace
- Additional vacation days for special occasions such as a wedding or relocation
- A canteen
- A discounted job ticket