Senior Front-End Engineer (f/md)
- Location: Düsseldorf
Here at C&A we are embracing the digital transformation taking place across the retail sector, whilst also ensuring we do not lose sight of our heritage.
“Let’s build the future together - the best is yet to come”
While we are hiring for positions in squads that focus on specific areas of development, Engineers are encouraged to contribute to all areas of the product, from backend to DevOps. As a result, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies and methodologies, such as Cloudflare Workers, AWS Lambda and Serverless implementations, and infrastructure-as-code tools like Docker, Terraform, and CloudFormation.
Key aspects of this role will include:
- Working on the implementation of high-leverage features to optimize UX and conversion rate
- Cooperating with skilled developers, managers, QAs, and designers to ship new components and features
- Drafting architectural decisions together with the Tech Lead and exploring new technologies
- Having a direct impact on team processes via regular retrospectives
- Acting as a mentor to less experienced colleagues, supporting them on their learning journey whilst further developing your own leadership skills
- Exchanging your knowledge with other developers and being part of our One C&A Family
We would love to speak to those with a blend of some or all the following:
- Experience with component-driven user interfaces & component libraries, e.g. Storybook
- Rich experience in using REST and/or GraphQL Interfaces (e.g. Apollo client/server)
- Practice in build tools like Webpack or NPM, testing frameworks like Jest and CI/CD pipelines like GitLab or Bitbucket as well as version controls systems like Git
This is an opportunity for you to join us on a genuinely exciting digital transformation, where you will be able to leave footprints that last and contribute significantly to our digital vision. As well as knowing that you played a key part in the evolution of one of Europe's most recognisable retail brands, you will also enjoy:
- An international and inspirational working environment
- An in-depth induction into your life at C&A
- A positive working atmosphere with an open feedback culture
- Attractive discounts including a public transport travel pass and remote working options
C&A fosters equal opportunity for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are led by a gender- balanced board committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone can become their best self. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, parental and family status, or any other protected characteristic. We welcome applications from women, men and non-binary candidates of all ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage people belonging to underrepresented groups to apply.