Lead External Affairs (m/f/d)
- Location: Düsseldorf
We build on traditions as long as they don't stop us from growing. Therefore, we continuously reflect our actions and strive for improvement. This is the only way we can live up to our own standards to reinvent the fashion business in a sustainable way. As part of our ongoing and continued transformation journey, we are looking for a talented, senior communications professional to join our European Corporate Communications team to lead our External Affairs function.
The Lead External Affairs will work closely with and support our Head of Communications in delivering our European communications strategy, and therefore we need someone who has extensive expertise in a reactive and proactive environment. We expect someone coming into this role to be currently operating at a senior level, and welcome applications from those who may be operating at VP, Head of, Director, experienced Senior Manager, or equivalent, within a similar position.
The person coming into this role will be the key press spokesperson for C&A in Germany and will also lead the team of External Affairs Managers across Europe. Due to the nature of the role and responsibilites, it is important that the successful candidate will have an existing, close network with journalists and media outlets across Germany specifically, and be their point of contact for any media inquiries in the German market. There are great development and progression opportunities within this role, and the opportunity to have a strong impact on the existing team and future of the communications team.
Within this role you will be tasked with:
- Offer direct, close support to the Head of Corporate Communications
- Be the key spokesperson for Germany and handling all media related queries in this market
- Writing, editing and producing communications for external audiences such as briefing documents, articles, corporate statements, presentations, media releases, etc
- Ensure all corporate messages are communicated in a clear, timely and effective manner to relevant external audiences, using a high impact writing style and format
- Create communication action plans, timelines, and defined communication deliverables that help shape C&A’s reputation and company culture
- Support for financial reportings, annual reports and develop and create financial communications
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and review / edit communications drafted by internal subject matter experts and make recommendations to ensure messaging is consistent with overall communication strategy and tone
- Support the team on issue and crisis communication matters
- Support social media communications in particular LinkedIn and Twitter communication
- Support managing corporate events
- Continually improve, measure, and evaluate effectiveness of the company’ s communications strategy and methods
- Ensure brand consistency across corporate content through consistent corporate messaging
At C&A you can look forward to:
- An exciting job in an international and inspirational working environment In-depth induction into your new role
- A positive working atmosphere with an open feedback culture
- The option to work from home
- In addition, you will enjoy attractive discounts including on a public transport travel pass
We would love to speak to those with:
- An extensive number of years working within corporate communications - either in-house or agency
- External communications experience is key, although those with mixed internal / external comms will be considered
- Experience in leadership communication and driving change in organizations
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills in English and German is required
- Experience with modern communication tools and approaches, including the management of social media channels
- Experience with media evaluation methods, reporting, research is a plus
C&A fosters equal opportunity for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are led by a gender- balanced board committed to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone can become their best self.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, parental and family status, or any other protected characteristic. We welcome applications from women, men and non-binary candidates of all ethnicities and socio- economic backgrounds. We encourage people belonging to underrepresented groups to apply.