Product Developer (m/f/d) Mens Formalwear
- Location: Düsseldorf
We build on traditions as long as they don´t stop us from growing. Therefore, we continuously reflect our actions and strive for improvement. This is the only way we can live up to our own standards to reinvent the fashion business in a sustainable way.
In our Headoffices in Düsseldorf and Brussels we develop new trends whilst focusing on sustainability along the value chain of our products.
Your responsibilities at C&A
- Responsiilty for the product development process while considering design, commerciality and technical issues with an emphasis on quality and in line with look & feel
- Create and follow critical path calender for each quarter and for all new product innovations
- Work with design to adjust styling / fabrication details to meet cost, function or factory requirements during sketch and proto / fit samples
- Execute design briefings and deliver feedbackk on product improvement / feasibility, develop to cost and supplier cost price negotiations as well as prepare and maintain seasonal component lists and reportings
- Partner with Raw Materials Suppliers to develop new fabrications and participate in sourcing decisions based on supplier capability, volume, technique, fabrication and cost
- Daily communication to garment and component suppliers for research & development and track apporval of all necessary submits of material, trim and artworks
- Actively atend applicable trade shows and keep up with current market trends
What we expect from you
- University degree in Textile Engineering, Product Development or equivalent and at least 5 years experience in product development, especially in formalwear (or similar complexe products, e.g. outerwear)
- Strong knowledge of costing, fitting, grading, garment / fabric construction and all production coordination
- Experience with Product-Lifecycle-Management (PLM) systems
- Ability to anticipate and trouble shood issues regarding quality and delivery as well as identifying problems and propose solutions
- Detail oriented with strong written and oral communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
At C&A you can look forward to
- An exciting job in an international and inspirational working environment
- In-depth induction into your new role
- A positive working atmosphere with an open feedback culture
- The option to work from home a few days per week
- In addition, you will enjoy attractive discounts including a public transport travel pass
C&A fosters equal opportunity for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are led by a gender-balanced board committed to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone can become their best self.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, parental and family status, or any other protected characteristic. We welcome applications from women, men and non-binary candidates of all ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage people belonging to underrepresented groups to apply.