We build on traditions as long as they don't stop us from growing. Therefore we continuously reflect our actions and strive for improvement. This is the only way we can live up to our own standards to reinvent the fashion business in a sustainable way.
We see ourselves as sparringpartners for our peers in our European Headquarters in Düsseldorf and Brussels. In our daily business we focus on equality, fairness, openness and mutual trust.
Your responsibilities at C&A
- Provide legal advice and counseling on a wide range of labor and employment topics and matters, including: performance management, wage and hour, labor relations, compensation and benefits, employment agreements, leaves of absence and accommodations, and internal investigations;
- Act as an on-going partner and resource to Human Resources;
- Manage outside counsel for employment-related advice, litigation, grievances, and/or arbitration;
- Draft and review employment-related policies and procedures for legal compliance;
- Support drafting and formation of employment and severance agreements
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems
- Identify legal risks and opportunities within the legal and employment area and propose practical, business-minded solutions
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively as a legal business partner to multiple business stakeholders.
What we expect of you
- Fully qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3 years of substantive labor and employment experience with a corporate legal department or law firm
- Fluent in German, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Practical business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility
At C&A you can look forward to:
- An exciting job in an international and inspirational working environment
- In-depth induction into your new role
- A positive working atmosphere with an open feedback culture
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home
- In addition, you will enjoy attractive discounts including on a public transport travel pass