C&A is looking for a :
Strategic Buyer Ladies Shoes (m/f)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be the central commercial leader of the assigned product area, under the guidance of the Unit Leader Product Management, delivering a Customer relevant offer in line with the Business Unit, Divisional & Company strategy.
Customer & Competition
- Be the key advocate of the Customer - know the Customer, analyse the Customer profile and environment, use insights and data, observe and understand Customer's behaviour, preferences and needs.
- Anticipate and act upon Customer needs, translate relevant insights into the collection.
- Be the resident expert of the competitors and their stores for the assigned product area.
- Proactively interpret and act upon relevant market intelligence through competitor research and analysis based on internal and external sources, such as store visits, media, available market research/data.
Product Management / Collection Building / Order placement
- Comprehensively assess past performance, risks and opportunities for the assigned product area to deliver a commercially sound (hitting defined Divisional/Unit KPIs) and customer orientated assortment supporting a clear strategy, including; range/price/lifecycle architecture (per store grade), volume/value lines, optimal fixture use, appropriate seasonality, core/NOS vs. fashion and customer/brand segmentation
- Conduct thorough analysis of past performance and market evolution with Planning partners
- Evaluate relevance of product trends and competitive insights in partnership with Design and other sources
- Input into the Unit's strategy
- Maximize effectiveness of the promotional and window-line calendar by delivering compelling product at exceptional prices, in partnership with Design and Marketing
- Act as advocate for the product line and the consumer to get appropriate attention on the shop floor via in-store presentation, fit navigation, quality/price statements and packaging
- Influence Sourcing activities to ensure appropriate capacities are reserved with suitable suppliers according to the agreed sourcing footprint to deliver the required product value. Ensure agreed capacities and lead-times are adhered to.
- Own the collection content ready for the Sign-off
- Negotiate final buying price and manage the order placement process for the assigned product area in accordance with the KPIs and adhering to C&A corporate guiding principles (Code of Conduct)
- In collaboration with Planning and Design, be the leader of continuous (daily/weekly/quarterly/seasonally) performance analysis of the assigned product area taking action and course correcting to mitigate risk, exploit opportunities and drive profitable top line sales.
- Regular store/market visits to gain customer insights and reaction to the collection
- Work collaboratively with the cross functional team and in adherence to the defined processes and timelines.
- Line Manager to the Product Manager Assistant: setting personal objectives/expectations/guidelines, developing, coaching and evaluating performance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification
- Over 4 consecutive years of experience in retail buying
- Min. 2 years in apparel retail (fashion / lifestyle)
- Advanced MS office skills
- Fluent English is a must
- Strong team player
- A strong customer led mind set and understanding of the company Customer Value Proposition
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong self-organization and efficiency skills, ability to work in fast pace environment
The buying team is a very diverse multicultural team with an open minded culture. Working as a team and supporting each other is very important.
WHO WE ARE
C&A was founded in 1841, and is now one of the leading fashion companies in Europe. C&A currently has around 1,500 stores in 18 European countries, and employs over 30,000 people throughout Europe. In Germany alone holding around 450 stores, C&A ranks among the largest and leading fashion businesses.
Sustainable fashion. Sound exciting? Well, it is. We design, develop and source fashion-clothing collections that bring out the best in our consumers, while also improving lives around the world by rigorously applying our demanding ethical standards.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- a fascinating and rewarding job within a fast-paced international work environment
- You receive comprehensive on-the-job training
- an attractive remuneration package – plus benefits –
- as well as a positive working environment filled with friendly, helpful colleagues
Apply here and upload your English application letter and CV today. Don’t let us wait too long because we can hardly wait to meet you.